New Humberstone Speedway
***NOTE – RULE CHANGES MADE EFFECTIVE STARTING JULY 26/2012
2013 Pure Stock Rules
FORWARD New Humberstone Speedway officials attempt to be fair and maintain consistency with the application of theses rules. Our objectives are fairness and safety. For every organization to be successful, it must have good rules and enforce them fairly. Cooperation of officials and competitors will assure our sport a bright future.
PREFACE These Pure Stock rules supersede the rules contained in the previous year’s rulebook, as amended, and shall remain in effect, until they are superseded by the rules contained in the next annual Pure Stock rule book. New Humberstone Speedway reserves the right to amend and change any rule, during the current year. The rules and regulations set forth below are designed to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and, by participating in these events, all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. No express or implied warranty of safety shall result from publications of or compliance with these rules and /or regulations. They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against injury or death to participants, spectators or others. New Humberstone Speedway officials reserve the right to reject any entrant for any reason they deem necessary. All participants are to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects favourably on the sport at all times. All fines, and/ or suspensions will be in effect at all New Humberstone Speedway race events. The interpretation and invoking of the rules, published herein shall be determined by New Humberstone Speedway Officials, at their professional discretion. Any deviation from rules, specifications, car weights and engine parts will be subject to the approval of our Chief Tech Inspector. However, should any approval prove to be an unfair advantage to the overall competition, Management reserves the right to rescind any approval it might have given with one week’s notice. New Humberstone Speedways Chief Tech Inspector has the final say on all technical legalities of the night’s events upon completion. Our Chief Inspector reserves the right to disqualify a car and/or driver based on the night’s events in accordance with rules and proper racing procedures. After a car has passed tech, it may not be altered to any specification that would make it illegal. Any car that carries an event tech sticker may still be subject at any stage to further tech and could face exclusion form the event. Please be advised that all rules will be applied strictly as per this rule book. Please do not try and bring a car that is out of spec. You will have to do work at the track to return it to spec before being permitted to compete. Tech is required to ensure that all cars are safe and evenly matched. It is in YOUR OWN INTERESTS to prepare a legal and safe car. The Pure Stock division is designed as a beginner class. Drivers from other divisions may not move down to Pure Stock with-out prior consent from the race director.
PURE STOCK COMPETING MODELS:
1. Open to all cars manufactured between 1975 and 1995 except as stated below self aspirated only, no turbo or supercharged automobiles.
2. In the best interest of street stock class
3. No Camaro/ Fire Birds or Trans Ams
4. No Mustangs
5. No convertibles, station wagons, jeeps, sports cars, trucks, vans etc.
6. Rear or Front wheel drives allowed, no all wheel drive or four wheel drive automobiles allowed. No rear or mid-engine cars.
7. Hydraulic valve train only
ENGINES: Must Remain Stock
1. Six or eight cylinder engines only 5.0ltr Max, must be stock for make, model and year.
2. Track Management has the right to make a weight rule or change any rule to equal out the competition.
3. No 4 valve engines
4. No Engine modifications at all including but not limited to the following.
5. No performance or truck parts of any kind allowed
6. No engine modifications to enhance performance are allowed.
7. No interchanging of engine parts, ( Cylinder head must be the same year and size of block)
8. No porting or polishing allowed.
9. Valve size must be stock for that engine.
10. No head work or customizing. Must remain stock stroke.
11. Camshaft must be stock
12. Only Hydraulic Valve Train Allowed.
13. Cranking compression must not exceed OEM Spec. No Exceptions.
14. No after market or performance ignitions allowed. Must remain stock.
15. No mass air modifications. Must remain stock
16. No intake modifications. Must remain stock
17. Engine Size must be placed on the hood.
ENGINE CLAIMER: There is a $300.00 claimer. Only the track will be able to claim your motor and will only be claimed if it is deemed over competitive. The motor will be kept for the duration of the season with the opportunity at the end of the season to buy your motor back for $ 300.00
1. Carburetor must be an OEM type Max 2 barrel. No Modifications
1. Fuel injection and electric fuel pumps are allowed if equipped as stock.
2. No performance chips can be used. FUEL SYSTEM: 1. Full firewall required between driver’s compartment and trunk area.
3. Stock OEM carb or fuel injection system
4. Marine type cell with sending unit sealed and secure
5. Stock tanks are allowed if the stock position is in front of the rear axle.
6. You may also use a race style fuel cell securely fastened in the trunk.
7. PUMP GAS ONLY – Delta Sonic Pump Gas (CAM2) is not allowed. No additives allowed. No Aviation Fuel
1. Aluminum radiators with plastic tanks allowed for any year make model and style of car from manufacturer only in stock location.
2. No aftermarket radiators, aluminum racing or performance radiators
EXHAUST: CHANGES MADE EFFECTIVE JULY 27/2012
1. Stock Cast iron exhaust manifold only.
2. Exhaust must exit behind drivers door securely fastened.
3. No part of the exhaust allowed in the driver compartment.
4. Single Exhaust Maximum 2 ¼” OD pipe.
5. Dual Exhaust Maximum 1 3/4″ OD pipe
6. Headers are not permitted.
7. No “H” pipe or cross connectors.
8. Tail pipes are required.
9. Unaltered OEM type mufflers only.
10. No flow through glass pack type mufflers.
11. No wrapping for heat.
12. Mufflers are mandatory within the exhaust system.
13. Exhaust must be securely fastened.
1. Complete stock from original design of make, model and year. No alterations No ground effects or hood scoops.
2. Floorboard covering such as carpeting, door panels, headliner, and insulation must be removed.
3. All holes in floor and firewall must be filled, patched with 18 gauge sheet metal
4. Rear Seat must be removed.
5. No gutting of any panels allowed.
6. All doors must be welded or bolted shut.
7. Frame connectors are allowed.
8. All Cars must have a rear trunk lid spoiler.
9. Spoiler must not exceed 2’ in height and must not protrude past back trunk lid
1. One rub rail allowed on each side and must be 1″ by 2″ rectangular tubing mounted tight to the door panel only.
2. Each rub rail must have ends beveled with no sharp edges.
APPEARANCE & NUMBERING:
1. Car body and overall appearance must retain all stock dimensions.
2. The body must be mounted in the original factory stock location in relation to the frame.
3. No chopping, Channeling, or changing original bodylines.
4. Stock dimensions of windshield pillars must be retained. Windshield pillar and angle of windshield must remain stock.
5. All glass must be removed. Windshield must be removed and replaced with full screening (one inch square maximum)
6. Headlight, parking, and taillights must be removed and neatly covered
7. All hoods and trunks must be in stock position and properly sealed from drivers compartment.
8. All hoods and trunks must be securely fastened.
9. No hood scoops or bowing of hood for air filter.
10. No holes in hood for air cleaner
11. All cars to be adequately numbered with 18” high numbers on both sides, roof and rear deck for scoring purposes. No duplicate numbers.
12. Cars must be neatly painted and lettered.
13. TAKE PRIDE IN YOUR RACECAR AND OPERATION.
1. Bumpers must be securely mounted at 19” centre to ground.
2. Bumper Shocks may be welded
3. Tow hook must be installed one on the front and one on the rear of the car for towing purposes.
1. Front and rear firewalls must remain stock and all holes patched using 18 gauge Min steel
2. No aluminum allowed
3. Car must retain stock firewall and stock floorboards in original locations.
FRAMES & SUSPENSION:
1. All Frames must retain all Factory stock specifications and dimensions for make and model from front to rear.
2. Rusted areas may be reinforced for safety.
3. Rear frame rails may be reinforced but mounting hardware for springs must remain exact factory stock location.
4. One stock appearing steel shock mounted in stock location per wheel.
5. Front and rear suspension must be stock dimensions.
6. No Aftermarket bushings allowed.
7. Economy replacement parts only.
1. Stock steering for the make and model. No modifications allowed.
2. No steering quickners allowed.
3. Steering wheel quick release allowed.
4. Center must be padded.
5. Must have collapsible steering column.
REAREND, TRANSMISSIONS, CLUTCHES & FLYWHEELS:
1. Any stock transmission for make, model. No modifications allowed.
2. All gears must be in working order.
3. Driveshaft must be painted white with car # clearly marked.
4. Stock unaltered rear end for that make, model and year. Must remain square in car.
5. Clutch pedal must remain stock for make, model and year
6. No cutting of flywheel to lighten
7. No aluminum flywheels
8. No lightened or performance clutches or pressure plates.
9. Locking of rear end or differential allowed.
WHEELS, TIRES & BRAKES: CHANGES MADE EFFECTIVE AUGUST 5/2012
1. Steel wheels only with stock wheel offset. No aluminum wheels, no mag wheels, no wire spoke wheels.
2. All four rims must be the same diameter.
3. Stock width and size for make and model of car. ( Width Measured inside of bead to inside of bead)
4. Must use 1” lug nuts. ½” stud recommended.
5. Wheel spacers are not permitted.
6. Any DOT street legal tire permitted. No mud, snow, ice or off-road tires allowed no race tires. All markings, name, numbers or letters must not be removed if so the tire will be illegal.
7. NO grooving or siping og any kind is permitted.
8. Stock Brake system for make, model and year. All brakes must function at all times, no adjustable brake bias, and no after market proportioning valves.
9. Brake pedal must remain stock for make, model and year.
1. A minimum six point roll cage is required. Minimum 1 1/2” diameter OD. Minimum thickness .120” wall or 1 ¾” x .095 is recommended.
2. Must have a minimum of four side door bars on the drivers side and two on the passenger side is recommended
3. Front hoop in front of rad NOT PERMITTED must have stock bumpers.
4. Rear hoop behind fuel cell allowed
5. Galvanized, aluminum or exhaust type tubing is not permitted.
6. Approved padding must be used at any point where driver contact might occur.
WEIGHT RULE : EFFECTIVE AS OF AUGUST 5/2012
1. V8 Powered Cars must weigh a minimum of 3500 lbs with driver.
2. V6 Powered Cars must weigh a minimum of 3000 lbs with driver.
SEATS AND SAFETY EQUIPMENT:
For all safety equipment: it will be the sole responsibility of the driver, not New Humberstone Speedway, their agents/officials or corporate officers to ensure that his/her safety equipment is correctly installed, maintained and properly used. Please refer to manufacturer installation and usage guidelines and adhere to them.
1. Aluminum professionally built racing seat Mandatory.
2. Seat must be securely fastened in six spots, four on bottom and two on seat back.
3. Seat must be securely fastened to frame and cage. Not to floorboard
4. A five point safety harness, with a 3” wide lap belt, 3” shoulder belts, and a 2” submarine belt. All belts shall be securely fastened to the frame or roll cage with high quality bolts, not less than 7/16” in diameter. ½” Mandatory.
5. No frayed or torn belts.
6. Entrants must wear a proper fitting full faced helmet Snell rated 95, 2000, 2005 with proper identification and have no signs of previous damage.
7. Helmet must be worn at all times when driver is in vehicle.
8. Window net mandatory. Minimum 1” mesh with release at top only. It is required that all window net releases be updated to the quick release seat belt type with releases located and facing the outside of the car.
9. Entrants must wear a SFI 3.2A -1 or better fire retardant racing suit
10. Fire proof gloves, footwear, underwear, head sock recommended.
11. All bars and sharp contact areas around driver must be padded with roll bar padding.
12. All cars will be required to have in their pit area a fire extinguisher capable of extinguishing gas and oil fires. This is to be visible to tech officials and all crewmembers. All crewmembers must be made aware of its location, and knowledgeable in the use of the fire extinguisher.
1. All new cars must arrive at the track one hour prior to start time and report to the tech inspector.
2. If car does not meet our rules they will not be able to compete. No exceptions
3. All cars are subject to inspection by New Humberstone Speedway officials at any time and in any manner determined by track officials. All decisions regarding the timing and manner of the inspections, as well as which cars will be inspected, are final.
RADIO COMMUNICATION: It is mandatory to have a one way radio or scanner. Frequency 454.000 PARTICIPANTS MUST BE A CURRENT MEMBER OF THE NEW HUMBERSTONE SPEEDWAY AND HAVE ATTENDANCE OF 75% OR GREATER DURING THE SEASON TO BE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE ANY AWARDS OR POINT FUND MONEY THAT MAY BE AVAILABLE.